BCBSIL accepting applications for $3 million in Blue Impact grants
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois announced today the opening of its Blue Impact℠ grant application process, which will award $3 million to community organizations in fiscal year 2025, beginning July 1. Interested not-for-profit organizations are invited to submit a letter of interest by Feb. 9.
“As we continue to expand our commitments to the community, we are thrilled to work with organizations throughout the state of Illinois to address social determinants of health,” stated Tonita Cheatham, Executive Director, Community Relations and Communications, Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois. “Economic instability, food insecurity and access to transportation and housing need solutions from teams that are in the community tackling these problems head on. We look forward to expanding our relationships with these community-focused nonprofits in the coming year.”
The Blue Impact Fund aims to address social determinants of health, with a focus on five areas that can have a measurable, positive impact on the health and wellness of communities:
- Economic Opportunity and Stability: Addressing issues related to poverty, removing barriers to employment, providing good jobs and upskilling.
- Nutrition: Supporting efforts to decrease hunger and increase access to nutritious food.
- Neighborhood and Built Environment: Focusing on affordable healthy housing, access to transportation, safe outdoor spaces, and access to physical activity.
- Locally Defined Health Solutions: Addressing hyperlocal health and human service needs, community collaborations that improve community wellbeing, interrupt violence, or build peaceful communities.
- Optimal Health Outcomes: Helping close gaps in care, specifically around six priority areas: immunizations, diabetes care, cardiovascular care, behavioral health, early detection cancer screening and maternal and infant health.
Interested organizations can find more information about the application process on BCBSIL’s community investment page, which includes important dates and how to submit a letter of interest online.