IDPH reports 1,633 new COVID-19 cases, 28 deaths

IDPH reports 1,633 new COVID-19 cases, 28 deaths

The Illinois Department of Public Health reported 1,633 new cases of COVID-19 on Wednesday, bringing the state’s total to 1,370,342.

The state’s death toll is at 22,494 after 28 more deaths were reported on Wednesday.

The seven-day statewide positivity rate for cases as a percent of total tests is 2.3 percent, down 0.4 percent from last week. The preliminary seven-day statewide test positivity using the number of COVID-19 positive tests over total tests is 2.7 percent, a 0.6 percent decrease from last week.

There were 67,166 tests processed over the past 24 hours. A total of 23,972,125 tests have been processed.

As of Tuesday night, 1,518 Illinoisans were in the hospital with COVID-19, a decrease of 381 from last week. Of the patients in the hospital this week, 405 were in the ICU and 224 patients were on ventilators, the latter down 22 from last week.

Twenty-six percent of Illinois’ 32,190 hospital beds were available as of Wednesday morning. Twenty-two percent of the state’s 3,381 ICU beds were available as were 75 percent of the state’s 5,640 ventilators.

A total of 10,551,158 COVID-19 vaccines have been administered. The seven-day rolling average of vaccines administered daily is approximately 62,884 doses. The 117,381 doses reported administered on Tuesday include those not counted in recent days due to issues with the server pharmacies use to report doses.

About The Author

Advertise With Us