IDPH reports 1,795 new COVID-19 cases, 26 deaths

IDPH reports 1,795 new COVID-19 cases, 26 deaths

The Illinois Department of Public Health reported 1,795 new cases of COVID-19 on Wednesday, bringing the state’s total to 1,359,748.

The state’s death toll is at 22,285 after 26 more deaths were reported on Wednesday.

The seven-day statewide positivity rate for cases as a percent of total tests is 2.7 percent, down 0.6 percent from last week. The preliminary seven-day statewide test positivity using the number of COVID-19 positive tests over total tests is 3.3 percent, a 0.6 percent decrease from last week.

There were 70,216 tests processed over the past 24 hours. A total of 23,505,414 tests have been processed.

As of Tuesday night, 1,899 Illinoisans were in the hospital with COVID-19, a decrease of 161 from last week. Of the patients in the hospital this week, 466 were in the ICU and 246 patients were on ventilators, the latter down three from last week.

Twenty-six percent of Illinois’ 32,212 hospital beds were available as of Wednesday morning. Twenty-three percent of the state’s 3,386 ICU beds were available as were 75 percent of the state’s 5,649 ventilators.

A total of 10,110,969 COVID-19 vaccines have been administered. The seven-day rolling average of vaccines administered daily is approximately 80,591 doses, with 73,345 doses administered on Tuesday.

About The Author

Advertise With Us