IDPH reports 2,022 COVID-19 cases, 44 deaths

IDPH reports 2,022 COVID-19 cases, 44 deaths

The Illinois Department of Public Health reported 2,022 new cases of COVID-19 on Wednesday, bringing the total to 1,179,342.

The state’s death toll is at 20,374 after 44 more deaths were reported on Wednesday.

The seven-day statewide positivity rate for cases as a percent of total tests is 2.6 percent, a 0.2 percent drop from last week. The preliminary seven-day statewide test positivity using the number of COVID-19 positive tests over total tests is 2.8 percent, a 0.6 percent decrease from last week.

There were 82,976 tests processed over the past 24 hours. A total of 17,804,537 tests have been processed.

As of Tuesday night, 1,511 Illinoisans were in the hospital with COVID-19, a decrease of 208 from last week. Of the patients in the hospital this week, 338 were in the ICU and 172 patients were on ventilators, the latter a decrease of four from last week.

Twenty-nine percent of Illinois’ 32,503 hospital beds were available as of Wednesday morning. Twenty-six percent of the state’s 3,308 ICU beds were available as were 77 percent of the state’s 5,659 ventilators.

A total of 2,310,929 vaccines have been administered, including 291,273 for long-term care facilities. The seven-day rolling average of vaccines administered daily is approximately 58,141 doses, with 55,947 doses administered on Tuesday.

There have been 2,584,125 doses of COVID-19 vaccines delivered to Illinois providers, including in Chicago. An additional 445,200 doses have been allocated to the federal government’s Pharmacy Partnership Program for long-term care facilities.

About The Author

Advertise With Us